CPU hot now but was fine 1 year ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I have an AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+ at 2.0ghz. When i first built the PC i had temps of about 35c idle and 45load, and now its running at 50idle and 55ish on load. I haven't changed anything. Does the thermal paste "wear out". Or should i just clean the fans or what? Also the PC is pretty clean as far as background software and crap. I'm only running 22 total processes, including Firefox. Suggestions? I haven't formatted in about 8 months, but it's not running a lot of crap so i dont' know why it's getting so warm.

Gotta agree with the above.

Spring for a can of compressed air and blow out your case, heatsink, and fan(s). Remove the fan from your heatsink (but not your heatsink from the CPU!) and blow both out really, really good.

Don't forget to reattach the fan, and don't forget to plug it back in!

yeah, clean the fans..
its amazing how much difference dust can make.
i cleaned mine the other day, the average temps of my CPU dropped about 20.C !!

is it safe to use compressed air on a PC?

[sarcasm] Just hose off the inside of your case...[/sarcasm]

After you clean it up, and let it dry ; ) re-apply some thermal compound.

if you want you can get a DAMP cloth of Water and wash the inside of your case of and then all of the dust is off. Make sure that all of the parts are out and that it is completly dry before putting all of the stuff back in. Thank you for your time hopefull we can get this to work!
~Grim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom