Video Card Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the place where its giving you the Core and memory speeds, go into Setup and click on "Core temperature."

OverclockerzMan said:
In the place where its giving you the Core and memory speeds, go into Setup and click on "Core temperature."

I tried, I don't have the option for any temperature monitoring in the setup. I even selected all the available plug-ins and get nothing, I think I'm going to have to rely on my little flimsy temperature monitor I placed on it.

The only plugin you need is the ADT7473.dll one. That will give you the core temp.

ADT7473 doesn't work.

I think I may have a bigger issue now. I was moving the temperature monitor to get a more accurate reading... SAW SPARKS and my screen went black. Luckily after a reboot I'm up and running. I think I'm going to drop back to stock and leave my card alone for a while!!

Hey worse comes to worse I wanted to buy a 6800 anyways, so hopefully this might give me an excuse!!

The temperature monitor needs to be ON THE CORE meaning UNDER THE FAN and since thats impossible, you won't get an accurate reading from it.

what about next to the GPU, next to it as in touching it, under the fan, but not directly on top of it?

PZEROFGH said:
6200 werent meant for OCing lol go run and get yourself a 6600GT :D

6200 not meant for oc ????? dude check out what people are doing with these devils. people are getting 600/800 w/ 8 pipes !!!!! and some people are doing this on air.

try doing this to fix the throttleing i think this helped me but can't promise anything. first go poweruser in revera tuner then go into nvidia\overclocking set the value of disable internal clocktest to 1 and then make the lightbulb come up and then do the same for enable pref level forcing (i think that these take out the nvidia and riva tuner safty features so u ARE more likerly to do damage but if ur careful u should be fine)

If I take the side off my case and have a strong fan blowing cold air onto my after-market VGA cooler, will this let me "safely" have a little more room to play for the time being?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom