question about 98 and HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i wanted to do was transfer all the main files to the smaller hdd and then format the 40gb drive and use that as the slave then

all the stuff that gets installed durring windoes installation and then the drivers after the hardware i installed.

don't waste your time installing 98. if you have the right hardware get XP. Most if not all of the drivers will automatically install with XP. you can get OEM version of XP at TigerDirect.com for 89 bucks.

johnb35 said:
don't waste your time installing 98. if you have the right hardware get XP. Most if not all of the drivers will automatically install with XP. you can get OEM version of XP at TigerDirect.com for 89 bucks.

actually the reason i'm using 98 is because i cant really afford XP right now. nor do i truely like it. i have it on 2 computers as is. Sadly they are both DELLs and the disk Dell gives you is useless cus the cd key on the package is only 20 #'s and the softwares asks for 25.. Plus the "restore to prior date" never seems to work when u need it the most in case of a failure.

But thanks t warez monster for your help. What i ended up doing is formatting my 1.6GB hdd i was useing as a slave and removed the 40GB drive. I reinstalled everything on the smaller HDD and disabled most of the intergrated parts on the mobo (sound, USB, LAN, Modem, etc) to make it easier to instal everything else. plus this time i have both the burner driver and the dvd wired in so i had WINDOWS in one and the other driver disk in the other to make things smoother. started with the video card drivers (which now im getting a nvcpl.dll error but is hould be able to fix that) then i installed the pci ethernet card then the PCI audio card i recently purchased. once that all worked i just had to simply reinstall other programs i had before.

once that was all complete i reconnected the original HDD but slaved this time, did the Fdisk to delete partition, repartitioned, then reformated the drive and its back to a 40GB drive thats now slaved lol. again thanks for the help.

You can try partition magic and see if you can recover the extra space without losing your files.

sPlAtOiD said:
You can try partition magic and see if you can recover the extra space without losing your files.

read on lol. already went through an redid everything:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom