My fan is out of control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcrknp

Baseband Member
So after my chipset fan died, I got the replacement Sunon 40mm fan. Now after installing this fan and hooking it up to the same 3 pin connector as the previous fan, it's running at 14000RPM according to speedfan and I cannot make it go slower. According to newegg, where I purchased it, it's only a 6000 RPM fan. It's gonna die isn't it?

speedfan is known to be inaccurate. Try checking in bios, that will give you the best picture of your overall fan speeds, temps etc.

Once i had some Windows diagnostic program (which are known to be inaccurate) report my CPU temp to be 423 C.

everest too. my cpu temp right now, according to speedfan is -48C, just read the thread "SPEEDFAN voltages reading off" or something like that lol

PZEROFGH said:
according to speedfan is -48C, just read the thread "SPEEDFAN voltages reading off" or something like that lol

So your using liquid nitrogen for cooling right?

[/sarcasm] - for those people who dont realize that I am joking

OK, I checked the BIOS and it's not reporting any speed for the fan. I checked Sisoft Sandra and that said it was running at 25000RPM....highly unlikely. I guess I'll just wait and see, it's been on for a couple hours with no problems yet.

ok what i do is stick my finger in it, if it hurts a lot its greater then 5000rpm if it just stings it will be lower then 4000rpm.

lol that method also works with circular saws, if you stick your thinger in and it doesnt cut it off its not spinning fast enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom