Video Card Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that I'm overheating... I don't think that I am. I have a temperature monitor on it and it isn't that hot.

its not overheating..
To the touch it isn't getting hot at all

it could be overheating but i dont think so, 6200 werent meant for OCing lol go run and get yourself a 6600GT :D

I can't find where to check the temps in rivatuner... still working on it I thought unlocking the 4 pipes theoretically turned my 6200 into a 6600 (?)

In the "main" tab of Rivaturner, go to the topmost "Customize" and click on it. Go 5 boxes over and click on "Hardware Monitoring."

It should give you the temps. But these will be the Idle temps, you need to run 3DMark to get the load temps.

snowpunk said:
I can't find where to check the temps in rivatuner... still working on it I thought unlocking the 4 pipes theoretically turned my 6200 into a 6600 (?)

I guess you could say that. Stock speed on a 6600 is 300/500 and has 64-bit memory interface as well as the 6200.

I followed these instructions for temp monitoring in Rivatuner:

6- Go to the "Power user" tab.
7- Expand \Monitoring.
8- Click on the left side of "BackgroundMonitoring".
9- Double click on the right side of "BackgroundMonitoring" on the darker area.
10- Enter 1.
11- Expand \Core Temperature.
12- Click on the left side of "ShowInIcon".
13- Double click on the right side of ShowInIcon.
14- Enter 1.
15- Click OK

I still can't find where to view the temps???

OverclockerzMan said:
In the "main" tab of Rivaturner, go to the topmost "Customize" and click on it. Go 5 boxes over and click on "Hardware Monitoring."

It should give you the temps. But these will be the Idle temps, you need to run 3DMark to get the load temps.

I did that and it only gives me 3 things it's monitoring... Core Clock, Memory Clock, and Core VID, and they are all in Mhz.

I'm starting to think that my card isn't a new enough model (though I just bought it a few weeks ago) to put out temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom