Video Card Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowpunk

In Runtime
I've been using Rivatuner to unlock all 8 pipelines and Coolbits to overclock my 6200. I can only get up to 348/598 before my 3DMark03 score starts to decrease.

There are two settings in BIOS that I think may help...

AGP voltage which is set to auto right now and I can increase it +0.1v, +0.2v, or +0.3v

and

AGP overclock which is right now set to 66Mhz.

Should I touch these settings or leave them alone?

leave the AGP overclock at 66mhz and lock it. the AGP voltage really wont help, but i set mines at like 1.65V cause i "think" it helps me lol.

DON'T touch the AGP bus speed (66MHz).

Your score is decreasing because the card is getting too hot. Its called thermal throttling, I think. If your card starts to get too hot, then the card will underclock itself so you will get a lower score in 3DMark.

your just pushing your video card too much. you just downclock a mhz or two or five, and run 3dmark again

PZEROFGH said:
leave the AGP overclock at 66mhz and lock it. the AGP voltage really wont help, but i set mines at like 1.65V cause i "think" it helps me lol.

All mine tells me is +0.1v etc, how do I know its exact value?

The frustration lies with this: I chose Coolbits to "Automatically detect the optimal settings" which turn out not to be that much higher than the stock settings (300/500), pushing it any higher decreases the 3DMark03 score.

Attachments

• misc 011.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 57
I am using an aftermarket cooler with ram sincs. To the touch it isn't getting hot at all.

Aftermarket cooler on your videocard, and still overheating? Thats weird. Well, check the temps with Rivaturner while running 3DMark03/05 and see how high they go, that'll tell you for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom