Got up to 3.00 ghz stable today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/937073/Screenshot.jpg

I updated by bios and was able to run at 3.0 ghz (150x20), 600fsb. I upped the vcore from 1.525 to 1.550 and raised the DIMM +.01. Memory is at 2.5-3-3-7. I have 1x512 and 2x256 for a total of 1gb.

I ran everst and received these numbers stock :
Memory Read - 2518mb/s
Memory Write - 952mb/s
Latency 107.4ns
Temp @ Idle - 42C

Then I ran it at 3.0 ghz:
Memory Read 2786mb/s
Memory Write - 834 mb/s - Why did I loose speed?
Latency 96.8ns
Idle Temp - 43C - 44C

Anyone think its worth staying at this speed? Its completely stable.

why not, you said you couldnt get over 3GHz stable. now you DO HORRAY!

dont say keep going!!

Dude
i had a 1.8ghz north and i was able to run it at 2.1ghz

there is no way it was that hard to overclock to 3ghz pshhht a mear 340mhz oc is barely making that cpu break a sweat

so you were able to increase it by ~ 300 mhz? Well, he increased his by about 350 mhz, so... I'm not catching your drift. I mean, proportionally your OC is hardly higher than that. Like I said, that's a pretty good turnaround for a northwood. I'd keep 'er there.

SHAWN- did you run any benches to see if your OC helped or hurt? I'm not sure why memory write would go down.

Ryan

No, I didnt. I was wrong about it being stable too. Every now and then for no reason it will just freeze :(. For some reason this chip does not want 3.0 ghz. it will do 2.9 no problem though. This chip is like a woman! I have to play with it some more when I get home. Anyone know what voltage would be to much for this chip?

yea 300 mhz on a 1.8 is more impressive than 350 on an 3ghz. same as 1ghz oc on an intel isn't that special but its pretty good on an amd

but that aside ;) gl with getting it to run at 3ghz i would recomend that u just raise the vcore slowly and then just run prime and check temps. so long as ur temps don't get dangerouse u don't need to worry bout vcore that much (unless u do something stupid and just bump it up half a volt or somthing :p ) so just raise it in the smallest increments possible and then test and check temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom