Next build - $900 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
banefulassasin said:
how's the thermaltake tsunami case? i like its looks, but am wondering how it does cooling wise and how sturdy it is.
I was wondering the same thing. Do a side-by-side comparison of it and the TT Xaser III: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16811133117,N82E16811133133&SubCategory=7

The tsunami has larger fans, but the XaserIII has a built-in fan control. Both are nice, both are $105. But the XaserII is a mid-tower, shorter by 2 inches, less wide by one inch, and holds fewer drives.

yah it is not that good looking my friend has one,anyways since u were up to soft modding i think the 6800 can be soft modded to a gt.

I think.

Keep the EPoX motherboard. I have one, and it OCs just fine. It was even slightly better than the DFI motherboard for OCing when you use the stock multiplier. Do some googling and read some reviews (Anandtech, HardOCP), you'll find that the EPoX motherboard is nearly as good as the DFI board, and it's also $23 cheaper on Newegg.

Epox... good lord... try searching that word in thie forum...

And i think both of those cases look crappy, just get a sturdy basic one, they are so much better.

beardo526 said:
Keep the EPoX motherboard. I have one, and it OCs just fine. It was even slightly better than the DFI motherboard for OCing when you use the stock multiplier. Do some googling and read some reviews (Anandtech, HardOCP), you'll find that the EPoX motherboard is nearly as good as the DFI board, and it's also $23 cheaper on Newegg.

dude wtf are you talking about, epox is not better then DFI. ALL THE world records are on DFi mobos, just for your info. wow you need to do your research.

tsunami is the way to go!

well im probably not going to go with the tsunami and definetly not the xaser. im most likely going to get a centurion 5 case and fortron 450W psu. and i may be able to afford the 6800gt, if i can is that a good buy? ive heard of overheating issues.

6800gt is the best buy with cost vs. performance in mind.

It is an awesome card, and will handle anything you throw at it for a while.

As for what you said about cases, you're definately right, don't let anyone corrupt ur mind!

As for the PSU you mentioned, I'm not familiar with it, but 450 watts should do you fine, make sure at the ABSOLUTE least, it has +12V@20A. That is definately needed to run your system.

PZEROFGH said:
dude wtf are you talking about, epox is not better then DFI. ALL THE world records are on DFi mobos, just for your info. wow you need to do your research.

Read my post again... closer this time. I never said it was "better," and I never made mention of any world records. I said it allowed for a higher overclock when using the stock CPU multiplier. I also said it was NEARLY as good as the DFI.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465&p=23

And just for fun, try reading the entire article, especially the last few paragraphs on the "Final Words" page. Both boards get the Editor's Choice Gold Award...

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465&p=28

you said it was better when using stock multipler, and most cpu you have to use the stock, the only thing you cfan do is lower it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom