Geforce 6600GT 128MB VS 6600 (non-GT) 256MB, which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just discovered that ATI came out with the X1000 series. LOL, Im late, I was thinking about getting a 6600GT, but now I have to rethink about it again, what a hassle.

Any advices? Should I get the 6600GT or something in the X1000 series?

As I said in your other post (please don't double post), The X1000 series hasn't really been out long enough to make a clear suggestion on that. Wait a little longer for reviews and check the forums about cards such as the X1600XT and X1800XL, and then make your decision. You don't want to do what I did...which was buy too soon and regret your decision.

thanks for the advice beedubaya, by any chance do you still have that 19" NEC monitor for sell?

Comptech said:
thanks for the advice beedubaya, by any chance do you still have that 19" NEC monitor for sell?

No, i was able to sell it AND my 19" Samsung CRT, and I bought myself an LCD :D I occasionally miss my CRTs though, but the LCDs are better for health reasons.

who did you sold it to and for how much? lol, do you think they would want to sell it to me?

I dont know when they will come out with lower priced geforce7 series and I dont really want to wait that long.

My guess is that in the X1000 series, the card that will have compareable proformance would be the X1600 XT

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2552&p=8

And Im taking a wild guess that X1600XT is not going to be cheap than 6600GT anytime soon, so there is no reason to wait.

Once again, Im just making guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom