Intel socket 478 or 775

Status
Not open for further replies.

lws_junior

Baseband Member
Need a little advise. Considering either of the two:

Intel Pentium 4 531 3.0Ghz / 1MB Cache / 800 FSB / Socket 775 / Hyper-Threading / Processor with Fan

Asus P5P800 Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / AGP 8X/4X / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA

-------------------OR------------------

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz / 1MB Cache / 800MHz FSB / Socket 478 / HyperThreading / Processor with Fan

Asus P4P800E Deluxe Intel Socket 478 Motherboard / AGP 8X / 8-Channel Audio / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Firewire / WiFi / Intel Prescott Support

------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a serious gamer however I do a lot of graphics work. This is a budget minded pc not meant for x-treme graphics. Curious to know which of the two choices above would make a better decision. Thanks

I made the mistake of getting 478 back in may when i built mine, ad i regret it deeply. If i want to upgrade this christmas or later on, ill need to get a new motherboard, new processor, AND new videocard, which i wanted to upgrade in the first place. To strengthen these fine opinions, 775 or bust.

:)

Ste said:
Im gonna say socket 939!

Yes I know your asking about intel 478 or LGA 775 , LGA 775 is better however

AMD>Intel

Ya I said it.

He uses his pc mainly for work. Therefore Intel is the best choice for him.

ZeroStrife49 said:
I made the mistake of getting 478 back in may when i built mine, ad i regret it deeply. If i want to upgrade this christmas or later on, ill need to get a new motherboard, new processor, AND new videocard, which i wanted to upgrade in the first place. To strengthen these fine opinions, 775 or bust.

Not necessarily; there are a couple of motherboards around that support both Socket 478 and PCI-Express.

Well, I dunno about Intel being his best choice. I look at is more as, "Intel is now actually a possibility in this machine." AMD's are more affordable and perform very well. You can bump up an extra model with AMD for the base price of the Intel.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom