x700pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_Rob

Baseband Member
I picked up an x700pro 2 weeks when i built my new computer.

Ive been hearing alot about how the 6600gt is a far superior card.

Here is my question

I understand the 6600gt kicks the pants off the x700pro for most fps games. However, Im a MMORPG gamer and RTS the one and only shooter i play is CS which the is probbaly one of few games in which the x700pro excels.

So this being said. Should i keep x700pro for my type of games, or do you tihnk the 6600 gt is a better choice. Im thinking that since most MMORPGS arent all about textures and whatnot, and more about polys and huge landscapes that the x700 might benifite from having 256 megs of memory vs 128.

what do you think ?

On a second note. My computer randomly restarts at least once a day, and when it does a blue screen comes up saying something along the lines of NOT EQUAL NOT LESS, dumping physical memory etc etc. anyone know what this might be all about ? i know its kinda vague but next time it happens ill make sure to write all the details down and post them.

i alos just stumbled across the x800gt , which seems comparable to the 6600 gt, however it has a 256 video memory.

FYI i paid 180CND for x700pro, i can get 6600gt for 189 and the x800gt for 210

6600 GT would be a better deal, because it supports shader model 3.0 which is required for future games. X700 Pro is a big rip-off, and it doesn't play CSS much better than the 6600GT, if at all.

SHAWN said:

Its amazing how you could go to each and every thread just responding with "6600GT" in all of them and the response would be appropriate in over half of them.

You might also want to consider the 6800 regular, because it is a little more expensive than the 6600GT, but is a better card.

beedubaya said:
Its amazing how you could go to each and every thread just responding with "6600GT" in all of them and the response would be appropriate in over half of them.

I can't wait for TF2 :(.

Larry also said that we would have to re-register. Is that true? or cant he just give us access to the site?

Can I come to TF2? :p

cough cough, i think your missing someone ;)

anyways a 6800 is a very good card, especially when you can unlock the pipelines and OC it to GT speeds, but the missing 128MB memory is holding it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom