6800nu 128 vs 256?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jolancer said:
I think you meant that you wouldnt buy a Nu card...... but there are no cards with a NU extention... nu is used to just indicate the base model non gt cards.

and what i was asking is... if the 256 performs better... how much better? example - if the performance difference is bairly noticable, then its of course not worth it to spend money on the 256.

ps. the next person who says something as stupid as the last, im just going to have to deem them strait mentally disabled.
256 only helps with high-res and aa and af, which the 6800nu probably cant do so well anyway. ah well. it cant hurt. just get 256.

If it will make you feel better, it may perform better, but mostly in your own perception. If I spent extra $$$ for a card cause I thought it would be better, it surely would be.

How much better? Now that it isn't available, it doesn't really matter, does it.

BUMP

i think the 256MB is a better deal, sense you might be able to unlock the pipelines and OC it to GT speeds, and you got yourself a 6800GT :D

make sure its AGP, cause im pretty sure you cant unlock pipelines on the pcie16 version

may i have a link to where they are selling a 6800 256MB...looks like pce16 only..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom