DVI vs. VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Is there any graphical improvement with DVI over VGA connectors? If I use a DVI to VGA adapter will I see improved picture quality?

not a whole of difference to be honest. and with the adaptor.. the answer is no sadly.. i know a little about connections from working at an electronics store ;)

digital connection is supposed to be better as the signal isnt converted to analog and back again to display on monitor but from the average LCD screens i think the analog is better because it has a auto function on most that makes it clearer than digital (dig dont have auto because it already is optimal) but i dont think there is much difference

all adapters do is make your male end compatible with the female end....it doesn't actually 'convert' any video images.

oh sorry i misread the post.. yeh you're right nubius, the connectors dont do anything except make the connection work/fit.. there wouldnt be any benefit or improvement if you used one

yeah if your sending a vga signal to a dvi port by means of an adaptor, when it hits the port its still a vga signal and would need to be up converted... no gain in picture quality. just stick with vga. im asumming thats what your using now and wondering if it would make a difference to switch to dvi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom