Sony LCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
I'm thinking about dumping my Orion 17" crt for an lcd sometime in the near future. Sony seems to have the sharpest, brightest displays, but I'm a little worried about the shiny gloss on their screens as it seems to give off a lot of glare.
Are they very bad in terms of glare or is it not a big deal? Does anyone here own one? I don't want to blow ~$350 on a 17" Sony and have it blind me.
My other option would be a Samsung 17" or 19", as they don't give off glare, but aren't as bright.

Well i've seen those sony lcd's at best buy and wow, they're sweet. When lined up to all the other lcd's, the sony ones seem the cleearest as far as picture quality. What do you use your computer for? If it's for gaming, you might want to look at the response time (measured in ms). Mine is 16ms and it seems okay but i've heard that anything above 8ms is pretty bad for gaming. I think that sony is great, and if i had the money, i would get one too.

That's the thing, for gaming Sony's are great but I can either get a 17" Sony or a 19" Samsung for the same price. I'm trying to decide whether Sony is worth the extra money or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom