Windows messing up my p2p ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_Rob

Baseband Member
in advance i apoligize if this is the wrong place for this post.

I just reformated my computer and instaled azereus torrent downloader. before the reformat i was getting 300kbs+ download speeds. Now i can break the 20kbs mark..

im not hooked up through a reouter so i dont think its a port problem. I just instaled windows xp pro, where before i was using home. anyone know what my problem might be ? i called my ISP and they cap the speeds at 5mbs so i also dont think its that.

i have my firewall turned off.

what could it be ?

also.. the file im trying at the moment has 80 seeders out of 1400 connected and over 400 peers.. whats the prob!

if anyone knows what the prob might be.. please let me know.. thanks a million

Try bit comet and see what u get. Thats what I use.....i really dont see why you would have such low speeds unless there are a lot of people on there downloading the same things...i dont get that good of speeds with bit comet...i get 24kbs a sec.

ive tried bitcomet before and my speeds where dreaful
maybe ill give it another shot though im desperate about now

I'm not sure if this really works or now but its worth a try.
Go to start, run, type gpedit.msc.
Then go to Computer Configuration Settings; Admin Templates; Network; QOS Packet Scheduler; Limit Reversable Bandwidth; Click on Enable; Set it to 0 and reboot.

Now if you ask me if it works, I really dont know. I have never seen a difference but its there for a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom