My first build, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjac

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
This is my first post here on Tech Forums and I need a little advice on parts for a new gaming machine/and recording some HDTV movies. I had my first computer built 6 years ago and kinda failed to keep up with all of the new technology. I have spent the past 2 days looking at parts and have came up with a list of parts that I would like to use and wanted to see if you guys would comment on it.

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB
ATI 100-435601 Radeon X850XT ASPIRE ATX-AS600W-BL
HDTV Tuner ATI
Logisys Armor Case

Any help is appreciated!
Jimmy

It all looks great except, since you're spending so much money anyway, might as well get a 7800GT or X1800.

Is it better than the Ati? (The 7800) I'm sure it is or you wouldn't have recommended it.

yep nvidia is better than ATI even though ATI released a new series of cards. i would go with nvidia, believe me, i got ripped off with ATI. But other than that, it looks real good.

jjac said:
Is it better than the Ati? (The 7800) I'm sure it is or you wouldn't have recommended it.

There is a big difference and since you are spending alot the 7800 GT would kill the ati in speed and many other ways

i would not go with ASUS with AMD, DFI is the way to go with AMD or MSI...the XMS series is way overpriced and not good, go with some nice OCZ ram. get a 7800GT or GTX.

PZEROFGH said:
i would not go with ASUS with AMD, DFI is the way to go with AMD or MSI...the XMS series is way overpriced and not good, go with some nice OCZ ram. get a 7800GT or GTX.
I don't really need and SLI board unless I'm wanting to run dual video cards right? Whats the difference between the MSI neo4 and the neo 4 platinum?
Thanks for all of the help everyone.

jjac said:
I don't really need and SLI board unless I'm wanting to run dual video cards right? Whats the difference between the MSI neo4 and the neo 4 platinum?
Thanks for all of the help everyone.

why are you getting an SLI asus board then...

get the DFI nF4 ultra-D (which is not SLI but has 2 pcie16 slots)
or
MSI K8N NEO4-F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom