Still Undecided!! LCD or CRT...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is your fault for bringing it back up nitestick but now i am going to post.

CRTs do not fire light at the screen, they fire electrons!!!

"But how can that be" i hear you scream "thats the same as Beta radiation!!"

yes indeedy these electrons strike a special material like phosphorus and it glows hence picture. this will be bad for your eyes after a while although most of the electrons are absorbed by the screen which is positively charged. this is why if you touch a CRT after it has been on for a while you can feel the static.

if you have the money, $400 is plenty, you should always go for LCD (i assume you have already made your purchase):) :p

Well I bought a Benq FP91v+, returned it, and bought a Viewsonic VP191b. This monitor rules. I guarantee all you CRT fanatics would appreciate it. I could go on and on, (have on other threads), check the reviews, both user and professional......this kinda sums it up:

http://www.dvhardware.net/review/9279

Personally. I've always love CRT monitors. I never thought I'd go with a LCD. But, then after researching a few LCD's to absolute death, I decided to buy one.

ViewSonic VX-924 19"

I'll admit, LCD's no matter how amazing they are, don't have the rich clarity as CRT monitors do. But, this model of LCD is really, really great. ZERO ghosting in gaming, nice contrast, black/blacks, nice grays & whites, 1280X1024 @ 75Mhz max - which is just fine for 99.9% of PC's today... takes up virtually none of your desk space... and it's dropped in price from $499+ to just under $360...
zipzoomfly has them for under that price with free 2 day shipping.
Also, it's pretty damn good with DVD movies also. (ONLY if you are viewing the screen from 5 to 8 feet away. Up close looks... ahhh.

Overall it's a damn good replacement for a CRT.

really unless you have money to blow get a CRT. lots of people on here like to blow money for no reason, I don't know why...

Though again if you are wanting #1 top of the line go with CRT but you will pay in the thousands for it.

neo214 said:
really unless you have money to blow get a CRT. lots of people on here like to blow money for no reason, I don't know why...

Though again if you are wanting #1 top of the line go with CRT but you will pay in the thousands for it.
[/QUOTE

No, its just some people aren't cheap...or have money to spend to buy what they want or pay for something thats better than something else.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom