Problem with CONTEXT MENU

Status
Not open for further replies.

armion

Solid State Member
Whenever I right click any file or icon (except for folder), a warning sign pops up saying "resource file not found" (cf99menu_.rsc)... I click OK button and after that i get access to the context menu...

I am running WIN XP.. I think i have accidentally erased that recourse file... please, search for the file in your comp and make sure that such a file does exist... if yes, please let me know...

thanks in advance...

Did some searching and it looks like that file has to do with Cuneiform OCR. To get the error to stop you can either reinstall the program, if, in-fact, you are using this or you can do as MB suggested. If that doesn't work you will have to manually look through your Registry to get rid of it.

Hope this helps.

I did resintall CuneiForm. It didnt help, but i remember erasing the registry file accidentally from the REGISTER. :(

OK... did more looking.

**Make a backup of this file before you rename it.**

Rename cfmenu_.rcs to cf99menu_.rsc. You should be able to find cfmenu_.rcs in the Cuneiform folder. That should get rid of the error.

I did look in the Cuneiform folder.. i can't find the file there.. I did search in the whole computer.. no such file.. I did find this file in teh REGISTRY, it is named "cfmenu_.rcs"... Should I rename it to "cf99menu_.rcs" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom