What do you think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megabyte800

Baseband Member
I know that "check out this system I'm building" threads can get kind of tiresome, but this is my first build, and none of my friends know anything about computers, so I'm excited to tell somebody:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (San Diego)

AOpen nCK804Ua-LFS (nForce4 Ultra)

XFX GeForce 6800GT 256MB PCI-E

1 GB DDR400 Patriot Signature Series

120GB PATA Maxtor (I know, I know...)

Sony CD-RW/DVD-ROM

JPAC 608 case

500W PSU

Creative 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Cost: About $1100

Thank you for your patience. :eek:

1) get either a MSI mobo or DFI

2) get a sata150 hdd

3) what kind of psu is that?

4) XFX???

Yeah, I'm just waiting for Windows XP and the case fans to arrive in the mail. The rest of it is assembled.

BTW, pzerofgh, the reason for the PATA HD is that it's the one component I'm migrating from this current system.

JPAC PSU. Slightly risky, but economical.

Not a fan of XFX?

How so? Do you mean poor power efficiency, poor performance, or just predisposition for failure?

do a search on TF, you will find a million of thread, about how XFX has so many DOA, and just die in less then a year, and lots of overheating problems.

Hmmm... I did some searching, especially in the "hardware problems" forum, and I found posts about XFX problems, but I also found at least as many about BFG, yet everyone seems to speak favorably of them.

Has anyone had experience w/ a XFX 6800 GT?

Edit: Everyone seems to speak favorably of them in this forum. Obviously if I can find posts with problems, not everyone thinks they're so great. :)

*Dramatic Music*

MUHAHAHAHA:laughing:

have fun with your XFX. but nice build too bad you already bought it and i cant make any changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom