$8000 dollar budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
chickenfoot said:
omg...are you joking? $8000??!!

a $2000 computer would do very, very good, and just upgrade every 2-3 years. this would save you lots of money than spending $5000 at once on today's best parts

read before u post he decided on a lesser budget.

General, a headset is far better than any speakers you might find. The sound quality that you will get from a good-quality headset is unsurpassed. For example, Battlefield 2 has 120-some voices. That means that with the X-Fi card, you will be hearing 120 different sound in-game. From the roar of a F-15 overhead, to the sound of an empty bullet shell hitting the ground, to the sound of the grass flattening when the crawl through it. This experience will be infinitely more realistic with a good headset than with speakers.

See this thread for information on good headsets.

For PC speakers get either the klipsch promedia 5.1 ultras or either the 5.1 or 7.1 version from the creative gigaworks series, if you want good sound. Stay away from the logitech lines. The subwoofers are muddy, boomy and lack tightness, and the satellites can't handle the upper range. Personally, i'd go for the klipsch.

I still vote headset. I have a very good one and I'm never going back to speakers again. Not only does everyone hear whats going on in your game, but the headset speakers are right next to your ears so everything is realistic like hell.

He's gonna have to go pick those speakers up, they don't deliver em. And how much do they cost? Remember he's trying to save money now?

A full THXUltra2 system is about 11,000. I said if he has the money, though. If you find an authorized dealer they will deliver. I'm just giving him input and i already told him the best PC speakers to buy. Klipsch Promedia are about 400, the creative 5.1 the same and the creative 7.1 about 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom