AGP VS PCI-E, what type of "REAL LIFE" improvement do you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and that is the thing...

while we scream out for more and more speed, they reply with better technology. Its a catch 22 situation, because as we require more speed, we require different (better) technology to use it, but then we need to pay for it.

so while i was about to say, we don't upgrade when they want us to, its when we want to... but if you wanna play the latest game, or run the latest resource hogging bloatware, then you need to updated software... i think the upgrading things really only hit the games though. I haven't played a game on my machine for over a year, as I do mostly video and dvd work, which for these tasks, my machine suffices. though i will upgrade soon, cuz my machine is getting old, and i want newer stuff... hehe

Cuthroat said:
What are the odds that in a few months maybe a year, they will come out with pcie2 pcie3 pcie4 just like they did with agp?
Then we are still upgrading whenever they want us too.

Intel has already planned out PCI-E 2

Will that techonlogy be on only intel-based boards?

Or will it be on AMD-based boards also?

Hmm...lets see...Intel hates AMD...Hmm...

Then again, nVidia hates ATi and they tried to make their chipsets work with ATi's cards.

LOL, in the corperate world everyone hates everyone, They think of every trick in the book to kill each other, every corperate has teams of lawyers and all they do everyday is to think of ways to sue the crap out of their enemys, then if they cant beat them, they will just decide to join forces with them. just like Sega decided to give up fighting the game console wars and just decide to make games for their enemys.

just go with pci-express. there's no point going backwards when you buy parts, just like you wouldn't want to buy a nForce3 motherboard when you can get a nForce4.

lol if thats the case, I would have to buy a new motherboard and processor, too much pain :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom