$8000 dollar budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
if someone wastes 400 on a sound card, they're out of thier mind. Invest it in the stock market or open a CD at a bank or SOMETHING.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
if someone wastes 400 on a sound card, they're out of thier mind. Invest it in the stock market or open a CD at a bank or SOMETHING.

Ryan
Maybe they would benefit from a 400 dollar sound card, because they're a hardcore audiophile. Maybe a non-gamer thinks 500 for a gpu is alot. :p

i've been in fresno for the past few days ... what im going to build costs ~2400

i decided that maybe 8000 dollars was a bit much, considering the fact that if i spend less now, and still have top of the line. ..ill have money to build another top of the line 3 years from now

athlon 64 x2 4800+
2GB corsair pc3200
havent decided on harddrives yet
two 7800GTX's

For the Hard Drives, I suggest 2 x 250GB Western Digital Caviar SE SATAII Hard Drives, and a 74GB 10,000RPG Western Digital Caviar.

For the motherboard;
DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR. Thats pretty much unanimous.

For the sound card; Creative Sound blaster X-Fi. It may seem more expensive than other sound cards, but the X-Fi has amazing sound and once you use it, you won't want to go back.

Power Supply;
Thermaltake Silent power 680W PSU.

Mouse;
Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse.

I know you want to save money, but since you're buiding a top-of-the-line system, those are the parts to go with.

Nice to see you came to your senses and realized $8000 was way too much, though.

omg...are you joking? $8000??!!

a $2000 computer would do very, very good, and just upgrade every 2-3 years. this would save you lots of money than spending $5000 at once on today's best parts

what kind of speakers should i get? i know my pioneer receiver and 12" 3-ways wont sound much better with that sound card than on an sblive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom