quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing if i can ressurect havock's idea. i'll try and keep the questions simple.

problem: daniel is setting up a dialup modem. the modem has two standard phone line jacks, one for the input and one to attach a phone. he plugs in a phone and plugs the phone line into the other. when he tries to dial the internet it says no dialtone. so he picks up the phone handset and sure enough there is no dialtone.

question: what did daniel most likely do wrong and what is the solution?

its *tim* he didnt plug the phone lines in right, did he plug in the modem?

but i have nothing special with dial up, cause i never used it :p

i never have any good questions. i cant think of any cause i never had a problem :D lets think......nope cant think of any..
heres an "easy" one

Problem
Timmy just installed his new 9800pro card into his comp. he installed it. made sure the clip was up. and screwed it down into the slot. he plugged the monitor in. and when he turned on the monitor there was nothing on the screen!! AHHH!!!.

what did he do wrong?

HE GOT AN ATI CARD ROFL LOLOLOLOL1!!21!1!@@!1!!1

Didn't disable his onboard video? I don't know... I suck.

timmy has to set the initial display to agp in the bios

EDIT: and make sure it's pluged in to the psu(that might just be Nvidia though)

I could be many things. Didn't turn on the computer, disable onboard graphics (although, most modern bios should be smart enough to detect it and disable it automatically), not enough juice in the PSU for the new card, broken monitor pins (although usually this will result in discoloration), the question needs to be a little more specific because there could be many answers to it.

Juice Daddy said:
timmy has to set the initial display to agp in the bios

EDIT: and make sure it's pluged in to the psu(that might just be Nvidia though)

yup the plugging in part, forgot to do it with mines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom