Computer heats my room up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJC1055

Baseband Member
I have a cooling problem, not with my computer, but with my room the computer is in. The computer stays pretty cool with my 6 fans in it plus the cpu fan and the video card fan, and the power supply fan. So I have 9 fans total.

Now like I said my computer runs plenty cool, but it heats my room up to feel like a sauna. I have a p4 3.0ghz HT processer and I'm thinking about water cooliing it. Do you think this will solve my problem.

What is the best water cooling kit?

Thanks,

Chris

water cooling may or may not help it. most of the heat comes from the fans blowing the hot air out. so it may help you. the best water cooling kit is a custom water cooling kit, look at the sticky at the top of the page

No...water won't substancially lower the heat output of your computer

Water is only more efficent at cooling your CPU/GPU because water is much more heat conductive than air...this basically means that water can remove the heat your core gives off much faster than air can...however the heat is still there, it's just not coming directly off the CPU now but rather the radiator

Well, that sucks because my room is so much hotter than the rest of the house and I don't want to take my computer out of the room, guess I'm out of options.

Thanks for the advice.

You might want to replace your CRT monitor with a TFT.
CRT let off a LOT of heat.

I would also suggest that you get some air flow into your room. Eg. Open up a window / door. Small room fan.

I take it that you are in a small room. Because about the only time that I have notice a computer heat up and entire room to the point that it started to get noticable and uncomfortable was when I host or go to a LAN party. And normally that is because there is about 6 to 12 computers all in the one living room.

gaara said:
No...water won't substancially lower the heat output of your computer

Water is only more efficent at cooling your CPU/GPU because water is much more heat conductive than air...this basically means that water can remove the heat your core gives off much faster than air can...however the heat is still there, it's just not coming directly off the CPU now but rather the radiator
Your simply MOVING the heat to another location.
Case fans are exactly the same too.

basically the heat has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is in the room lol. if you get fans the heat blows out of the case into your room, if it swater cooling, you blow the heat off the water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom