Vcore voltage "scary"

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
alright i really wanna make sure about this befor i go fidling with it. i have an lga 775 intel P4 3.0ghz HT. whats the stock vcore and what should i rase it after i overclock above 3.60GHz cause i can run at 3.6 but no highter or ill either get blue screen at start up or games will crash and be unplayable.
questions.
1. whats the standard vcore?
2. whats should i raise the vcore to after 3.60GHz?
IM going for 4.00GHz *****es!!!!!!!

Just slowly raise the Vcore watching the temps EXTREMLY closely, and make sure its not getting to warm or you might damage it, if it dont work after raising it some then back off and get better cooling and i mean a lot better, that is if you use stock

na dogg i have the zalman 7700. but i dont know what vcore to start at man. cause my bios say automatic for the vcore and then its got quite a few choices. where do i start?

Just max out the vcore and be crazy.

This is assuming you actually know what your doing. You can find your default voltage on the intel spec sheets.

Nubius might be of better help, or one of the members who use an Intel cpu would be of better help, I my self have never used an Intel processor in overclocking, only on a stock HP 5 years ago....

I know nothing about intels and what is considered a safe voltage.

I know with AMD XP's you could go voltage happy and as long as it's cool it's fine...with AMD64's however, even if it's cool you could potentially fry the memory controller...don't know how often that actually happens though

well i set it way to hight. i have it at 1.425@3.60GHz with a max temp of 53.5 after playing fear for a while. yea i said it FEAR.the actual game which by the way is amazing.
but i had the vcore at like 1.572orsomething the first time i tried i consider myself luky. i think im gonna leave it here with the memory at 623MHz and overclocked gpu i think im set.
by the way i did get to 4.00GHz with a max temp of 65C but i dont like it that hot so i clocked it down a bit to where i do like it.
but yea i hit 4.00GHz in windows and played games and stuff it was great lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom