Format after ATI to Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
A friend of mine told me if you are going from ATI to Nvidia you need to format for best performance.

But i dont see how this will work if i uninstall the ATI software from the Control Panel then uninstall the drivers from device manager.

Then i replace the cards, and install the nvidia software.

Wayne

i don't think u need to format, just uninstall the driver for ATI then after u change to nvidia , install the latest driver for it

you don't have to. Download driver cleaner pro. Google to find it. You first uninstall the old drivers then u run driver cleaner pro from Safe mode, then you can install new drivers with the new card already in.

I switched from ATI to Nvidia and I did the same thing. I have had no problems.

The maing thing you need to do is clear the old video drivers off you HDD before you install the new ones otherwise you will run into problems. People say format because its the best way of ensuring all of the old drivers are gone, but if you can find a program which will remove the drivers then you don't need to format.

PBond said:
The maing thing you need to do is clear the old video drivers off you HDD before you install the new ones otherwise you will run into problems. People say format because its the best way of ensuring all of the old drivers are gone, but if you can find a program which will remove the drivers then you don't need to format.

Cough Driver Cleaner pro Cough Its free Cough for Download Cough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom