i need help formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.
why am i getting a windows 98 boot disk.

i got into hte bios (by pressing del) and got to where i choose what order everything boots from.

choices include IDE-HDD, Floppy, atapi cdrom, ARMD-FDD, ARMD-HDD, something with intel in it, and disable.

no matter what combo of the choices i put in as first/second/third/etc boot order, i either get a good boot, or a "bad boot disc. enter a boot disc into drive A:"

I just cant boot from the disc.

also i looked around the bootdisc.com, and i couldnt find what i exactly i needed (to put on floppy or not), but ill look again.

thanks

and yes i do have the windows xp set up disc in hte D drive; i just cant boot from it.

you can use power max in my signature to delete the hard drive.

set the bios to boot from cd rom first, then floppy, then Ide harddrive. once you are comfortable, you can switch 2 and 3

jeez this is driving me crazy.

ok, i set up bios to boot in this order: atapi cdrom; floppy; and IDE-HDD. inside the comp drives are the floppy containing the win98 boot app, from warez monster's last post, and inside the cdrom drive is the windows setup disk.

it yells at me for having a floppy in the comp, and after "replacing disk and pressing any key" the comp boots normally.

how hard is it to wipe a harddrive???

ok, using a boot98 thing, i managed to format the C: drive finally, although it did automatically go with FAT32.

Now im in trouble; if i start the computer, it askes me to replace disk and press key to continue but THERE IS NO DISK IN THE A DRIVE

thats a problem.

i can still do SOMETHING if i put in the boot disk, but i still have no way to run the CD in the D drive to install windowsXP.

lol no, but the fdisk options i followed were all i could really do. but ill read that, do it again, mabey it'll help.

thanks

ok, i did what i would have done anyways if i had known about that page; but was i supposed to be able make it a...whats i called...not FAT/32/ ...thingie. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom