BestBuy lied to me when they sold me my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bartthecartoon said:
I bought an e-machines computer from BestBuy a few months ago and it was listed in their ad as having 512 MB of Ram. Today I opened it up and the RAM stick said right on it that it was only 256 MB. Is there anything that I can do about this? I feel very cheated.

LMFAO anyway you were cheated. The fact that emachines suck, also the price of a custom makes your mouth drool. I say take it back complain, then go get a good computer not a emachine :confused:

Ohh by the way, I just looked at my computers hardware, and it only recognizes 240 MB of the memory I have installed. What's up with that?

PCI slots don't = PCI Express or AGP. Looks like you'll be stuck with integrated graphics. You don't be able to do much with it except use it the way it was when you bought it.

Also, I'd guess that its only saying there is 240Mb or memory because 16 of the 256Mb has been allocated to the integrated graphics.

Yes, you can buy a PCI video card, but they are all pretty much junk, or have been out for years. You wont find anything newer like a 6600GT or something like that for PCI.

it reminds me of the hassles i had when i bought my first machine. I had no ideas about building my own, as it was my first desktop machine after many laptops.

short story, was that the specifications in the advert sounded great, "latest pentium4", , and it had a graphics card that you could connect to your tv. Get it home, no graphics card rca plug. then i found out it was pentium 3, a 20GB hard drive not 40GB, and had to take it back.

the replacement, had the rca plug. But it was actually a slower processor again, 20GB hard drive still.

the 2nd replacement, didn't have the rca output, but the rest of spec's were okay

3rd time lucky

2 weeks later, the company went bankrupt, and 3 weeks later, the power supply fried, ruining everything. Of course, no joy in returning the machine for a complete change over again, as their store was dark and empty, and internet site with a creditors redirection.

anyway, if i were you.. I'd take the machine back and get my money back completely. And that bull, if you take the side of the machine you void the warranty, is actually void in the first place without a sticker or warning on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom