RAID question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigg_dogg44

Solid State Member
i have 2, 160 gig Western Digital Ultra 100 HDD.......i want to run the RAID that my mobo offers. Its a ASUS P4P800 Deluxe with 800 FSB.

Here lies the question: since XP will not notice any HDD over 137.4 gig, should i install the "Promise Ultra 100 TX2" that came with the HDD ( its a PCI card ) that will allow the OS to notice it as a 160 gig HDD? And by doing this i would have to hook up my HDD's to the card, thus not hooking up to the RAID IDE prim.1 on the mobo.

By connecting to the controller card, will that allow the raid to still work? Dumb question but i cant get it to work by just connecting to the Prim. 1 on the RAID of the mother board.......and yes i went in and set up the array and set up the RAID as RAID-0........

thanks ahead of time for all help.............

Ok, here is the real limit information.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prkc_fil_dwwu.asp
I think you have an issue with drivers that is limiting you to see the disks. Also, due to these being created without formating, you will want create the drive partitions in diskmanagement.
The second raid controller will not disable the onboard, and should not cause you any trouble. Make sure the drivers are installed and then create the partitions on the volumes.
This should fix your problem.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom