BestBuy lied to me when they sold me my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ste said:
It is very relevant, When they find out you voided warrnty, they prolly won't care.

and I spell anything however I want.
E-mashine. o-k

Yes, I can tell that you are very smart indeed. My warrenty isn't void, because I didn't damage my RAM. The warrenty is only void if you damage the part in question, when you open the computer.

They might come back at you saying well

"how do we know that you just didnt open up your computer and take the memory out"

BUt............................ They cant say that unless you told them that you opened it up. I noticed that some computers have no security seals on them.......But if you had seals and they are broken, just be prepared to get nasty with them when they try to deny your ram they f'd you out of

why did u wait to open the case to see how much ram u got...why didnt u just right click my computer-> properties....could fo done that the sec u got it...

Ste said:
you bought an E-Machine. You poor bastard.

i bought an emachines and pumped it up to be a sick gaming rig, although my model is better than his. so emachines is alright.

why would u void the warranty just for opening the case. to me thats just lame ass. BTW get over it its like 25 bux or somthing/

Ste said:
Smart people don't buy E-Machines.
If you built it you wouldn't Have this Problem

Pwned.

Nough Said.

Let's take a look at the topic here. The topic of this thread is about best buy and the ram issues. Granted, I do agree with you as far as building your own computer and he wouldn't of had this problem, however this kind of response isn't needed.

In short: Don't post stupid shit.

"Nough Said."

gimli of gloin said:
why would u void the warranty just for opening the case. to me thats just lame ass. BTW get over it its like 25 bux or somthing/

I agree... in the time it takes to contact those guys, get it straightened out, and POSSIBLY get reimbursed for the missing ram, you could of easily scrambled some pennies and nickles into a pile and get your own ram.

I'd just email them telling them your story. If they offer to help, GREAT. If not, just tell them that they lost your business and you will do everything in your power to ensure that people do not buy those computers, whether you have to stand in BestBuy with a huge poster or paying 10 grand to have it written in the sky by a professional pilot.

gimli of gloin said:

I had an HP that had a little holographic sticker seal thing, and by taking off the side panel of the case and breaking that seal, the warranty was voided.

Why would something like that void the warranty? Its simple. If that seal is broken you can not prove that what ever problem you're having is a manufacturer defect and not something you did on your own.

Riceball said:
i bought an emachines and pumped it up to be a sick gaming rig, although my model is better than his. so emachines is alright.

That is why I bought this e-Machine, though. I wasn't planning to just use it like it was when I bought it. I noticed that it was really cheap, but it had a fast processor, and the motherboard seemed to be ok. It can be used with SATA drives, and it can have 2 gigs of RAM added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom