Sata Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

schulz269

Daemon Poster
Having some problems with my sata like i can't install windows on it. i have my computer running on a IDE HD which i installed windows on it but i can't get it to install on my Sata hd its like my mobo don't read that it is there but when i am running windows on the ide it reads the sata hd and i can format it and use it for storage like i am doing now but i jsut can't get windows installed on the sata. i am open to any suggestions at all. Thanks in advance

Kyle you dumbass!! jp lol

btw, test for your sig.
sig186mn.jpg

Assuming the motherboard is detecting the hard drive. (The hard drives name should show up in the boot post, along with your IDE Drive) Then all you have to do is boot into Windows, right click MY COMPUTER, then hit MANAGE, this dbl click STORAGE, then dbl click DISK MANAGEMENT. From there you need to Format the drive. I think all you have to do is dbl click the drive, and it should ask you if you would like to format and instal the drive. There your done :)

If your planning on Installing Windows on the Drive, and using it as the primary drive, and just using your IDE as storage, your going to have to install the raid drivers, which should be on a disk that was supplied with your motherboard. You may have to unplug your IDE Drive while your doing this cause it may skip the promt to install the drivers. (It has done this to me)

i well try that out in the morning after church and post back here if it worked or not this for your advice i have already formated it that way and that is how it is set up right know but i think i installed the raid drivers but i am unsure but i well do it in the morning to see tho. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom