6800nu 128 vs 256?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolancer

Daemon Poster
does anyone know, have experience with, or have link maybe to a benchmark that compaires the 128mb version of the 6800nu to the 256mb version?

Because if there is any difference between them, i was curiouse as to exactly the difference would be?

GX1_Man said:
Not a hard question, just a pointless one.

The difference is 128 meg.
i dont mean the physical difference... im talking about the performance difference.

like.. does the 256mb card perform different? and if so is it better? and if so how much better?

or is like the 9800, were the 256 didnt have any performance advantage to its 128mb counterpart?

First of all I would buy a card with the extenison of U or NU at the end, thats just me.

Obviously there would be better performence with more Video RAM. If thats all your comparing though.

Ste said:
First of all I would buy a card with the extenison of U or NU at the end, thats just me.

Obviously there would be better performence with more Video RAM. If thats all your comparing though.

I think you meant that you wouldnt buy a Nu card...... but there are no cards with a NU extention... nu is used to just indicate the base model non gt cards.

and what i was asking is... if the 256 performs better... how much better? example - if the performance difference is bairly noticable, then its of course not worth it to spend money on the 256.

ps. the next person who says something as stupid as the last, im just going to have to deem them strait mentally disabled.

I guess youd have to ask someone who has had both at one time.

and Hey just cause im the illiterate type doesn't mean you have to make fun of me.

I didn't read sorrryyy.

The clock speed on the 256MB Cards is lower. At least with eVGA's cards. The 128MB Card is clocked at 700MHz, whereas the 256MB cards are clocked at 600MHz. More memory doesn't always mean its better. Stick with the 128MB Card, its cheaper, and its a great card. Also the 2, eVGA 256MB Cards are both PCI-E.

Ste said:
I guess youd have to ask someone who has had both at one time.

and Hey just cause im the illiterate type doesn't mean you have to make fun of me.

I didn't read sorrryyy.

i wasnt making fun of you cause your illiterate, its cause i already stated that i was interested in performance diff, not physical diff.

Blackmoore said:
The clock speed on the 256MB Cards is lower. At least with eVGA's cards. The 128MB Card is clocked at 700MHz, whereas the 256MB cards are clocked at 600MHz. More memory doesn't always mean its better. Stick with the 128MB Card, its cheaper, and its a great card. Also the 2, eVGA 256MB Cards are both PCI-E.
since you just mentioned it... i never noticed that... so i just went to check it on the Egg or ZZF, and i notice that they dont even sell the 256 version for AGP anymore... and eVGA and XFX dont have any 256 version listed for AGP...... was there a 256 vanilla 6800 APG version in the past? there was right? lol im confused cause i never took a close look at these in the past... and i just assumed thy still had the 256 in APG version.

I have a 128MB 6800 and IMO the extra 128MB is worth it. there are many times when i wish my video card had 256MB of RAM becuase 128 can't do newer titles with AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom