What is causing this? Video card error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1v1c98

Baseband Member
I get this "CLI.exe - Application error". It says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application." It comes up when exiting aim via the lower right task bar. It also comes up when I try to open my ATI catalyst control center. So I can't even get into that. I had an ATI 9800 pro before, and I just put in an x850 pro and installed drivers and its doing the same thing. I never had this problem until I reformatted recently. Anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?

I just installed my new video card today with fresh drivers. I was getting the same error with my old card too. So I don't think its the drivers. I could try though.

Simply reinstalling drivers can create problems, unless the old ones are removed, correctly.
There are programs that will get rid of your old video drivers completely (such as DriverCleaner) so that when you install the updated/newest drivers (from the ATi website) there will be no chance of conflict.

Let us know how your trials work out.

I removed the old drivers I had with the 9800 pro with add/remove programs. Then I installed my new card and updated the drivers on ATI's site. Should I use driver cleaner to remove the new drivers, then reinstall?

Well, I took the current drivers off, used driver cleanup, then reinstalled and Im getting the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom