Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
12ms should be fine for a monitor, however 8ms is ideal.
I'm running an LG L1717S 17" 12ms LCD and it's fine on all games (including BF2). No ghosting what so ever. But if you've got the money (which it's clear you have) then go with the 8ms just to be sure and to keep everyone here happy :p

As far as gfx cards go, The ATI X1800's are supposed to perform the same, if not a SLIGHT bit better than the 7800GTX's, however the cost-performance ratio is extremely low. The best "bang for the buck" would definetly be the 7800GTX as ATI have enetered the market fairly late on their new cards, therefore have suffered the consequences of high retail prices. You see a fairly large price drop in around the christmas/new year stage.

Thanks everyone for their help so far.
On the subject of thermal paste, is it really worth getting? (will i notice any significant temperature dfferences if i have it or not?)

Myoushu Chi-Fu said:
On the subject of thermal paste, is it really worth getting? (will i notice any significant temperature dfferences if i have it or not?)
A tube of AS5 costs only about $5 so there's no reason not to get it.

besides costing only 5 dollars, it can lower your temps 5 - 10 C. so id say its worth getting it

Thanks for your help guys. The components i've chosen and ordered are in my signature. I'll get back to you guys with benchmarks after i build it and get it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom