Floppy Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

armion

Solid State Member
Can anyone help solve the problem with floppy disk driver..?

When inserted any disk into floppy driver, the information seems to be uploaded into the memory, and when inserted a new disk, the information of the former one is automatically written onto the new one, and the information of the latter one is erased... The process of erasing is not visible..

I would appreciate any advice...

Please do not cross post the same question to other forums. Thank You!===MicroBell

Can anyone help solve the problem with floppy disk driver..?

When inserted any disk into floppy driver, the information seems to be uploaded into the memory, and when inserted a new disk, the information of the former one is automatically written onto the new one, and the information of the latter one is erased... The process of erasing is not visible..

I would appreciate any advice...

No virus is detected.. I have been having the problem for already 6 months.. i don't feel like reinstalling WINDOWS XP...

I have two operating systems... I dont have the said problem when running WIN 98.. the problem persists in WIN XP..

don't know what to do :(

Only thing I can think of is a bad floppy drive, switch it with a good one and see if that fixes the problem

Imaxle

I am running WIN XP... It is a stadnard floppy drive... I don't have the problem when running WIN 98... I did not get the last posted statement.. " for get the floppy drivre and get a memory stick :-D" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom