Vista Build 5231

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler this is for Manual install.
Manual Driver Installation

Manual installation of device drivers may be necessary if drivers are not successfully installed by running setup in XP Compatibility Mode. This is accomplished from Device Manager (right click Computer>Manage), by right clicking on the device>Update Driver>No, not this time>Next>Install from a specific location (Advanced)>Next>Include this location in the search>Browse – to the location containing the required drivers. It is necessary to extract the .inf, .sys and .cat driver files to a folder using a tool such as WinRar before you can manually install your drivers in this way.

Also, if you have an XP install on another partition you can use the above method and browse to that partition's Windows/inf directory to locate the inf file (make sure you have show hidden and system files enabled in explorer to see this directory). As the install progresses you may be asked to locate other needed files which are usually found in that partition's Windows/System32 folder, or the Windows/System32/drivers folder.

As for the pester i dont think so. Creative already siad they are not worried about Vista and will not make drivers for it until it is released. At this point in time the only 2 compaines that i can think of off hand that has done anything for Vista is ATI and nVidia.

EricB said:
the new vista sucks. it also include Media Center Edition (yippee) on it, but it don't work right either. WTF is that install (they have a name) BS that come up when you try to install something?

I forced my Realtek driver on it
You must be talking abou tthe new Installer on Vista. It does suck dont it. I forgot the technical term but i am beta testing the XP version of Installer 6.2 which does almost the same thing.

Makaveli213 said:
You must be talking abou tthe new Installer on Vista. It does suck dont it. I forgot the technical term but i am beta testing the XP version of Installer 6.2 which does almost the same thing.

it's called the build and setup tally program (it's more obvious in another account as it come up everytime you install a program or put a data cd in) and there is no use for it.

don't you dare create another account beside the original administator one or you will lose almost all of your priviledges even if you set it to administrator (it's a more advance form of a limited account) and you can't delete it either

MCE just locks up and the new vista won't let you install a lot of programs (some of the file will refuse to register)

my pq boot (of partition magic) for windows (it what I use to boot back to xp) don't work in my Account name as admininstrator, but it work in the regular administrator account

WMP 11 just looks better. it is suppose to let your stream from other computers, but any program can do that. it does nothing else extra and you can't install the codec lite pack to help it play different formats. plus wmp 11 will alway send you info back to MS as you can't uncheck that option (it's greyed out)

the last build of vista is way better. at least it tries to work

Um Eric the "Ultimate" Edition of Vista includes Media Center Edition features and software it's just not called Media Center.

Man I need to hire me a typist. my updated version

Makaveli213 said:

it's called the build and setup tally program (it's more obvious in another account as it come up everytime you install a program or put a data cd in) and there is no use for it.

don't you dare create another account beside the original administator one or you will lose almost all of your priviledges even if you set it to administrator (it's a more advance form of a limited account) and you can't delete it either

MCE just locks up and the new vista won't let you install a lot of programs (some of the file will refuse to register)

my pq boot (of partition magic) for windows (it what I use to boot back to xp) don't work in my Account name as admininstrator, but it work in the regular administrator account

WMP 11 just looks better. it is suppose to let your stream from other computers, but any program can do that. it does nothing else extra and you can't install the codec lite pack to help it play different formats. plus wmp 11 will alway send you info back to MS as you can't uncheck that option (it's greyed out)

EricB said:
Man I need to hire me a typist. my updated version

Well i wouldnt suggest creating another account on Vista in the first place. I actually limit the machine from creating accounts by disabling some services that aloow for multiple user login's.
MCE is kinda buggy from what i have seen. It worked decently in 5219 but 5231 it is chit. Trying to throw so much in this monthly build they took a step backward instead of forward.
WMP11 didnt work for me at first i had to reinstall. But thne it worked for aobut an hour then crashed Explorer.exe 5 times in 20 minutes. As i have stated this is very buggy. They tried to get MCE, WMP11 and IE7 all working in tandem wioth Vista and they failed so far. They will step it up for Beta 2 and the Nov build but for now 5219 is the better build until the IDX comes out either this wekend or next week.

Eric Media Center Editions don't exist anymore all MCE features and software are now included in the Ultimate Edition of Vista as well as a few below that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom