Monitor Geometry: Unadjustable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
I recently picked up a 19in Dell P991 flatty monitor for a great price. It's wonderful, but I have one complaint.

With the monitor adjusted the very best I can do, the top-right corner is still sightly askew: its squished a tiny bit downward, starting about 3-4 inches from the right edge.. There isnt an adjustment for such thing in the OSD - or at least not for vertical adjustment which is what I need. It is only that corner. The convergence seems to be a tiny bit red also in said spot.

Things I'd like to find out:
-How these type of things happen to monitors
-Can it be fixed?
--is there a display geometry software out there for download, that would fix this problem?

Image of problem: http://www.sitesled.com/members/alecjahn/Misc Hosted Crap/P991.jpg
It isn't as noticeable there, and no: it isn't that huge of a distortion, but it really does anger me when I go to close a maximized window and the button is half a centimeter from the corner where it should be.

Actually, it was used. $10.

I can deal with it, I imagine. The rest of the screen is perfect, and there aren't any other problems at all. I'd still like to see if it is fix/work-aroundable.

well, I wouldnt even say its defective. I have 2 pcs, and one is a dell, (the one im on) and its moniter does the same thing. I would say I was used to it in about a week or so. I think it might just be the production process of dells computers since they are mass produced to be less expensive, (not that they are bad computers by any means). but yeah, i guess if it really bothers you you could always sell it on ebay haha.

No, I've been waiting for a 19in flat for a long time (and I do not want to pay retail or even normal used price, nor do I feel like shipping such a thing :D)

Also, since it's a Trinitron, I'm sure if there is a 'thing' it's not Dell's fault, but Sony's who actually manufactured it. Plus, it's probably a top of the line model for the time (there was probably a 21", though) so it wouldn't be a quality issue, I would hope.

My old monitor is the exact same model, but 17 inches instead. It works just fine, and I got it used from the Boeing Aircraft surplus - it used to be in a freakin metal shop and it looks perfect (after I cleaned it up).

I'm still confident there must be some solution to this.

Bump apology.

Surely someone knows?! Where's my main men: you're letting me down!

I figure I guess I can get used to it, or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom