I JUST PROVED IM A n00b!!HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
the numbers really mean absolutley nothing
the cpu in that combo i linked you is clocked at 2 ghz which aint too shabby for an amd

sbcirclepants said:
uhhh i only know what intel numbers mean....i know nothing about amd, i always thoht that 3000 meant 3.0 gig...plz interpret these speeds to me

An AMD 3000 mean it is the equavilant to a pent 4 3.0 even though it may be a 2gig processor.

problem is when they start getting into the 4800+ manchester
in all honesty I sincerely doubt it runs equal to a dual 4.8 ghz p-4
so its sorta up to personal interpretation

This Biostar motherboard and CPU combo delivers the power and functionality for building a great system! It features the VIA KM266 Pro/VT8235 chipset and supports 200/266/333 MHz FSBs. Memory is expandable up to 2 GB of DDR RAM and video is controlled by the S3 UniChrome Pro 2D/3D Graphics chipset. A C-Media CMI9761A 6-Channel AC'97 CODEC and VIA VT6103 Ethernet are included as well. This Biostar motherboard also includes an AMD Athlon XP-M 2600+ CPU (2.0 GHz Barton core), heat sink, and fan. Build your system with this motherboard + CPU combo today

soooo...thats basically a 2.6 gig???

sbcirclepants said:
This Biostar motherboard and CPU combo delivers the power and functionality for building a great system! It features the VIA KM266 Pro/VT8235 chipset and supports 200/266/333 MHz FSBs. Memory is expandable up to 2 GB of DDR RAM and video is controlled by the S3 UniChrome Pro 2D/3D Graphics chipset. A C-Media CMI9761A 6-Channel AC'97 CODEC and VIA VT6103 Ethernet are included as well. This Biostar motherboard also includes an AMD Athlon XP-M 2600+ CPU (2.0 GHz Barton core), heat sink, and fan. Build your system with this motherboard + CPU combo today

soooo...thats basically a 2.6 gig???

yes.

ehhh...id rather have somthing closer to 3.0 or 3000...go to froogle-that is google shopping incase u didnt no, and search "cpu motherboard combo" and see if u can find me some quality good deals on atleast 2800...i saw some 2800 combos for 125.usdollars

yes but in case you didnt notice the combo i linked was an xp mobile which use less voltage and run much cooler

which in turn allows them to be overclocked much further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom