I JUST PROVED IM A n00b!!HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we talking about a celeron here? who cares what speed you get it to, its still a celeron! Leave it alone. Are you power hungry for a reason? Do you need a high speed? If so, you would have been smart and not bought a celeron. Move on or upgrade to a better chip. End of Discussion.

SHAWN said:
Aren't we talking about a celeron here? who cares what speed you get it to, its still a celeron! Do you need a high speed? If so, you would have been smart and not bought a celeron. Move on or upgrade to a better chip. End of Discussion.

read the topic title: NOOOB...does that tell u anything? i didnt find tech forums to ask u BEFORE i bought the *%#! thing!!!

Anyway, when i go from 159 to 160 in cpu clock speed, or 3.18 gig to 3.2gig or 3184mhz to 3200mhz, I get a "BIOS Checksum errror" message....has any1 saw that be4?

Anyway, if i returned it and got a better* cough* setup, it would endup costing way more money (shipping etc) and stress...:(

hehe

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-0-GHZ-PENT-4-...ryZ14293QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

should i get this?

JUST KIDDING;) Iv learnd my lesson the hard way...but a 2.6 to 4.0 on stock cooling????even if its a p4, that is almost stupider than a celeron to 3.4 gig lol

aspire.comptech said:
Dude f'ing contact the guy and demand a refund
If you dont you just giving up

For what you paid Fry's has deals on a 3.0ghz p-4 with an ecs mobo for $180 that baby would 3.4 but a 2.6ghz celly... no ****ing way

ok, im fedup with this thing...im returning it...at least the guy responds quickly and efficently to his emails...so, could u guys start suggesting mobos-cpus...id like a combo with cpu installed...but i suppose i could do it....i would like a p4 processor...and also my target price is 200.00 and 220.00 MAX w/shipping..thanx

or should i just start a new thread in buying, upgrading high performance coumputer systems?

sbcirclepants said:
ok, im fedup with this thing...im returning it...at least the guy responds quickly and efficently to his emails...so, could u guys start suggesting mobos-cpus...id like a combo with cpu installed...but i suppose i could do it....i would like a p4 processor...and also my target price is 200.00 and 220.00 MAX w/shipping..thanx

or should i just start a new thread in buying, upgrading high performance coumputer systems?

a lot of newbies start out in this manner. it's saves them headaches in the long run, plus they will be more knowledgable

now u tell me

oh, and i forgot to mention that i want atleast 3.0 gig, althoh i could live with 2.8...thats be4 oc....also it doesnt hafta be a combo, as long as its a great deal:D

dude athlons dont go up to 2.8

im pretty sure the fastest amd out is the fx-57 and thats 2.4ghz
and just because they have lower clock speeds doesnt mean they are slow

and btw 3.0 LGA 775 p-4 is 185
cheapest motherboard is 55 so far as i can see your not ganna get anthing like what you want for 220 bucks

uhhh i only know what intel numbers mean....i know nothing about amd, i always thoht that 3000 meant 3.0 gig...plz interpret these speeds to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom