Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Monitor is 12ms...you want something like 8ms...

check the Hyundai L90D on newegg, should be around $335

Also consider the Viewsonic VP191B 19" 8ms LCD. I've seen it for as cheap as ~$350 after rebates. Can't remember where though......

i have had 2 xfx 6800 gt's and this xfx 7800 gtx and they have been nothing but great. i have the pre oced xfx but it was cheaper than the stock one here cause there was a sale locally. i got it for 400$ after the sale and the stock one is like 430-480 depeneding on brand on newegg. im not saying everyone will get good cards from xfx but i have never had bad cards from them and neither have my friends that i have recommended them to. also just my opinion again but the asus board is way more stabe thant he dfi...the dfi is better for overclocking but the asus is more stable. again just opinion so dont blow up or anything:p

I was leaning towards asus as well and I don't plan on overclocking so i don't think i'll need the high voltages the DFI has. I think i'll go with asus instead. (Plus it isn't yellow :p) Is there anything else i should change about the setup besides the ram modules and the monitor?

j4ckaL said:
Do you really need the Elite Pro Edition X-Fi?
I'm a big audiophile so i want the best soundcard thats currently available. I'd probably choose the X-FI over the 7800 and get a 6800 instead if i really had to. :shocked:

Ste said:
<PSU Guru.

I must stop you from buying a TT power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817103932
Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V 550W
This one pwns it for less.^^
Sounds good, i always appreaciate a lower price (especially when its better). If nothing else is wrong with the build i think i'll go ahead and purchase. This is my first actual, offical build even though i've installed PC components for friends and am pretty experienced with the whole thing. Even so, is there anything i should know about building besides the basic stuff? (anti static gloves and other equipment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom