What XP Hotfixes to avoid!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantass

Baseband Member
Can someone please inform me on the Windows XP hotfixes, as found on Windows Update website to avoid downloading? Last time I used the service I downloaded an update which supposedly corrected some network problem but only resulted in me having serious problems with my LAN. Other hotfixes have messed with my overall Windows functionality like drag dropping and right clicking. I have no spyware and the problem occurred just because of the hotfix.

I do want the updates but want to avoid the blunders MS is putting out there to avoid f*cking up my PC once again after my full OS reinstall.

Thanks.

I do not reccomend skipping any hot fixes personally. It is differnt for each system as some will cause problems and some are fine. Just be sure to have a system restore on if its XP and you can easily roll back the update if it gives you trouble.

Actually the guy is correct. This happened to me last week. My brother built a new pc. He got a vc and installed the drivers from the cd and it worked but microsoft had update drivers, so he downloaded them. He installed them and it hosed his system. Next time we just used Microsofts driver and it did the same thing without installing the drivers from the cd first. So he went back to the cd drivers and he has been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom