Amd Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
see, that's where I have to agree with pzerofgh. Unless you're totally into the overclock scene, I'd go with MSI. In addition, the MSI's aren't completely stripped of overclocking features. They're still OC'able.

Ryan

the asus a8n sli deluxe also got great reviews and a 98 rating on amd zone. i have it and have also used the dfi and i must say the asus is way more stable and user friendly but the dfi is better for oc'ing. also the asus manual is WAAAAAY more comprehensive than the dfi it even has a list of ram that was tested on the board and has lots more info. just my 2 cents but any of them are very good boards.:)

don't get the asus its a horrible board for anything apart from stock and to be honest it doesn't do even that very well. the asus may not crash but it does some really crappy stuff like when i plugged my 3200+ into it it started pumping 1.65vcore in it. also whatever it says its doing in bios when it comes to vcore CANNOT be trusted as it varies greatly, my board when set to 1.55vcore well go between 1.5 and 1.62 and when i manually set it to the stock 1.4vcore it goes between 1.32 and 1.45 and this is a HUGE variation. the chipset fan also is horrible as mine has basically died 8 months after purchase, its also loud and if u read the asus forums on it you will hear many many many compaints similar to mine.

if u don't wanna oc then don't get the dfi cos it has some flaws like half the ram slots killing ram. apart from this its a good board (and the early revisions can be modded to sli)

if u don't wanna oc and don't want sli then i would get the gigabyte k8nf-9 as it can oc (the present 3700+ world record 3.704ghz was made on it but this took a lot of mods) its a stable and it had quite good features and performes well

I really don't get the complaints with Asus boards on here. Sure, a fan can die. They can do that with ANY mobo, or even case, for that matter. I had a HDD die within 3 months on a brand new laptop. sh!t happens sometimes.

But I and everyone I talk to at work use Asus boards with AMD CPUs, and everyone loves them. I am not a OC'er, and I did not buy the right parts to OC, but I have played with it a little bit, and the Asus was a joy to OC. Just bump up the freqs in the BIOS. Too easy. They invented jumperless technology, as I recall.

Not trying to make light of your problems, Shorty, I am sure it was a bad experience for you, but that does not make a whole product line crappy. I know lots more folks who are happy with their Mobos... Just my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom