popped my overclock cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
that'd be 2700HTT overall, so no yours wasn't running that, as that'd be more than likely a world record, but considering I believe the current record is like 2300 or so and it gives basically no benefits to making it that high and just increases chances of corrupting something, as I said....no way in hell it was running 2700HTT

Chances are the board auto adjusted.

Chances are your motherboard saw that it would not be able to do that and lowered it to match up, I think my motherboard does that and its a MSI board..... even though with things stock it goes above 1600 for unknown reasons

no i took fsb to 270 and htt multi was left at 5X so therefor 270X5
as I said...it will adjust itself...most boards have this now-a-days....it's impossible for it to run stable at 2700HTT so just give it up already

What is Hammer Fid Control? From googling it I think it is the CPU multiplier... so where does that fall into the equation vs. the other multiplier that has a value of 4x?

Nubius I'm assuming you're going to be the one who responds to this... so if my CPU multiplier is 10, my HTT is 240, and the other multiplier is 4x, will you spell out the equation that is created from those numbers? Thanks!!

Dont worry about the multiplier being 10 right now, as long as the HTT and LTD dont exced 2000 when using this equation LTD X HTT X 2 = Total out come.

snowpunk said:
What is Hammer Fid Control? From googling it I think it is the CPU multiplier... so where does that fall into the equation vs. the other multiplier that has a value of 4x?

Nubius I'm assuming you're going to be the one who responds to this... so if my CPU multiplier is 10, my HTT is 240, and the other multiplier is 4x, will you spell out the equation that is created from those numbers? Thanks!!
CPU = 10x240=2.4GHz
HTT = 4x240 = 960 = Safe

Thanks for gettin back to me on that so quickly guys. So if I'm at 2.4 Ghz, and my voltage is pumped up above stock (it's at 1.616v) with my temperatures remaining very safe (under 100F)... where should I start my troubleshooting for not being able to get to 2.5 Ghz even if I increase my CPU voltage to 1.7?

Would changing my CPU multiplier to x9 and gradually bump my clock speed up to 270 and chaging the LTD to x3 help at all?

Would changing my CPU multiplier to x9 and gradually bump my clock speed up to 270 and chaging the LTD to x3 help at all?
No, that would not help.

Your running the 166 divider right? So at 240, your RAM is still slightly under 200, at 250, your getting a very slight OC on the RAM, ~207, so I guess it is possible that RAM is an issue, but I doubt it, even the crappiest RAM should take that OC, but you could put a larger divider on it, and see if that is the current limiting factor.

I am still guessing mobo or PSU.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom