VapoChill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
anyone know what sorta temps i would get from this? and if its a decent brand (lol can't afford it now but when i get a job :D)

Asetech VapoChill Lightspeed for Amd 754/939/940 & 478

Bottom line; Don't spend your money on any available vapor-phase unit. If you want to experiment with it, buy a mini-fridge from wal-mart for $35 (i saw one yesterday) and strip the compressor out of it, or make the whole fridge into a case--it's really not that hard. If you are just looking to supercool your PC to hard overclock, then look towards a liquid cooled peltier setup as this is a *much* more practical and cost effective solution and can run even colder than vapor-phase (i've gotten stacked 80w liquid cooled pelts down to -70f at idle -65f under load) but with a bit more expense for power supplies for the pelts. In any event, costs to build your own super-cooled setup shouldn't run over $350 for everything, including the case and power supply, and that's a far cry from $1000-$3000, ya know?

http://www.epinions.com/cmd-review-A9-4F16C10-39D38EEE-prod1

lol.

what about it....if you're in the market for a vapochill I'm going to assume you're smart enough and have done enough research to prepare and prevent such things.

As far as that epinions link...yeaaah, it's no walk in the park to just strip a compressor and make your own phase change unit....so yeah it WOULD be worth it to buy your own considering theres some like prometia which are around $650 now-a-days...

or you could go on Xtremesys where a dude named 'chilly1' I believe makes and sells his own which are highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom