Whole System Problem pls.read

Status
Not open for further replies.

17_moreseconds

Solid State Member
Whole System Problem pls.reply

alright i need help i have a self built system and the other day i was screwy aroung in the back when i dropped the computer about an inched tilted off the desk barely hit. my power supply went out and i thought it was shot. the next day it worked but the monitor said no input so i thought maybe my video card was out tried a new one and same problem.... this morning i was able to get my hands on a decent but crappy Compaq computer. so i figured it may be the motherboard. i replaced my motherboard along with some parts since it would be upgraded. still it says no input and ive tried other moniters same problem black screen and or no input message.......Anyone got a fix or some ideas on what might be wrong???????

thanks
nick

how did it work? Your initail diagnoses could have been correct as all you'd have to do is knock out any one of 3 voltages. Theres no way of knowing what the actual problem is unless you just keep ruling out parts one by one. If you replaced every part then try placing the questionable parts into a known good computer. It just takes lots of time.

Whole System Problem

ive replaced the video card, motherboard, memory, processor, i still cant get it to work i have two harddrives in there and ive even tried another replacedment nothing is working

Your going to laugh at this and I hope its your problem cause its a really easy fix. There's switch on the powe supply try switching it t the other side. I know it sounds stupid, but I have done this one myself and its always the last thing you would think about. It might not be the problem, but its worth a shot.

i wouldn't just switch it without actually reading the voltage, because it might not be so good if it is already the correct voltage. i would look mostly at the attachment of the cpu heatsink, the psu, optical drives and hard drives. basically anything with moving parts. impact shouldnt have much of an effect on circuits unless the motherboard is visibly damaged.

Have you tried a different monitor? It could be your monitor is out or the cable on it is shot.

You also might want to check the jumpers on your hds and cdrom drives. Those can casue really weird problems if they are set wrong. I would also check your cables. Also double check that all the power plugs are plugged in properly. The impact could have broke a trace on your motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom