Is 60C to hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
i know this is a newbie question but i have my 3.0 clocked at 3.60GHz and upped the vcore and now my temps are 40-45C idle and 60C under load.
Too much?

Thats pretty normal under load... just make sure you alteast have the bios set to shut it down if it gets to hot. Its only to make sure that you don't hurt anything.

to me that seems really reallly reallly hot considering that those chips can't take much more than 75c and the my a64 with stock cooling gets 29c load

to me that seems really reallly reallly hot considering that those chips can't take much more than 75c and the my a64 with stock cooling gets 29c load
I will agree that yes, 60C to me is too hot, but then again he's talking about an Intel not an AMD....a Sempron shouldn't be running 60C.

However...I'd sooner believe your temp probe is faulty than think your CPU is running 29C under load...even if it is a venice...unless it's ridiculously cold in your room at all times and you've got water cooling that kind of temp isn't too likely.

Agreed, the first time I read 29*C load I was like, "WDF, Does he live in like Antarctica or something?" How hot/cold is it in your room? Because the CPU can't be colder at stock than the temp of the room.

don't think that the temp probe is stuffed cos the air in the case is real cool and the air from the cpu fan is quite cool. right now my comp is at 31 but its been load all day and the room is a bit warmer then the 29c load temps. but the 25 idle and 29 load temps have been constant in that room for around 20-30days. o and i leave the side of my computer case off :p

my brother has a p4 prescott 2.8g at 3.6g and it runs like 60c underload my cpu runs about 56c full load at 1.85volt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom