Am new here and need some help on building pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake64_009

In Runtime
Hi i am only 16 and am gonna build my first pc soon. I know quite a bit on pc components and the one thing i dont know is what type of case i should get lol and whether i should get an aluminium one or not? here are my components list lemme know if i missed one out, its very late and i am tired. oh and also can someone tell me if my CPU will take corsiar memory?

CPU- Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 X2 4600+

i may get a 4800 but am not sure yet on that

MOTHERBAORD - Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 NF4, ATX, DDDR400, PCI-E, Gbit Lan, USB 2.0, AC'97 Audio, 4 x SATA, Raid

RAM (i hope this is right could u help me please? theres so many different ones!) - 2Gb (2x1GB) Corsair DDR400/PC3200,2x128Mx64non-ECC 2x184 DIMM

GRAPHICS CARD - 256MB Leadtek WinFast PCI-E PX7800GTX MyViVo (Video In Video Out) TV (G70)

HARD DRIVE x 2- 160Gb Western Digital Raid Edition 1600SD (7200rpm,8mb) 24x7- SATA

and - Sony Black Combo 52x32x52 CD-RW + 16x DVD-ROM

also i am getting a 500W PSU oooooo and i need help with the cooling part...this list was given to me by a friend through what i asked for and i checked and am happy with them, just those little bits i need help on thx!
I know its a big first machine but have handled things like this before but not for myself or fully.

this is all i have for the RAM-

Manufacturer: Corsair
Pins: 184pin
PR Rating (PC):
Clock Speed (MHz): 400
CAS Latency (ns): 2-3-3-6
Module Configuration:
Heat Spreader:
Warranty: - Lifetime
Size (MB): 2Gb
Type: DDR XMS Pro

right ok well i shall have a look but what do you mean by OC sorry lol? and so what kind of a tower am i looking at and cooling system? oh the money im saving up and my mum may "lend" me some too...lol im planning on building in january or before if i can, sixth form life is so busy!

OC means overclock, read up on it before you try and even then I dont really suggest it because it seems like you dont have a whole lot of experience with this. Anyways any tower will do fine, make sure it is atx so your motherboard will fit. Cooling system, the stock fans in your case should do fine, as for the cpu heatsink/fan its up to you, there are a lot of decent ones out there.

oh i know what overclocking is but not the abbrievated version lol...no i don't want to oc it. right ok thx. Im hoping i can get this done for janurary now. so is that RAM ok then?

That RAM will do fine if you are not overclocking. Don't let anyone tell you "ohh XMS sucks dont get it". I have 2 x 512MB XMS ram like the exact same stuff your using. Ive had it since march and it works great.

lol right ok then thx for all your help guys. And any helpful tips for building would be much appreciated...

If you're spending $2000 plus, don't you think you should have someone else do it for you? You seem very inexperienced in these matters.

PZEROFGH said:
corsair XMS is no good, get a 4400+ and OC it save money.

lol looking at what hes chosen doesnt look like hes got much money problems rofl

nice system u got there anyways ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom