Wont recognize drive C:\

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-tek

Baseband Member
Im working on a HP computer hard drive went bad replaced it and reisntalled windows but when i was creatign partition it was creating drive I: which is weird considering i formatted the drive brand new nothign was in it, continued isntall see what would happen and drive c: d: e: f: g: h: are recognized as removable drives but i have non attached and drive c: is really drive i: im stopping now cause im confusing myself lol ne ways how can i make all the drives come together and make normal drive c:

no when i installed the new harddrive there was only 1 unpartioned spot and along lsit of removeable drives, so i partitiond the drive and installed windows well it installed on drive I: and drive c-h are removable for somereason

Do you have one of those all in one media card readers? If you do thats most likely whats causing all the removable drives to be created. I would also double check the jumpers on teh hd and make sure it is master. Do you have any other hds in this computer?

hey yea it was all the memory stick readers i thoguht of that earlier and i reformatted it again and it became drive c: so the problem was fixed thx for allthe help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom