Need HELP on ULI fast!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtile

Fully Optimized
Need HELP on HDD Setup!!!!!!!

I emailed them and they won't answer. I'm running out of time so I need help extremely fast. I just built a computer for someone and I can't get the Hard drive to be formatted.

First off, I have an Asus P5RD1 V with the ATI XPress 200 Northbridge and the ULI Sata Raid southbridge.

It only supports raid. So I put in the SATA drive and booted. It says "control a to build array". I press it and a screen comes up to select the type. I chose JBOD since it supports a single drive. I click enter and chose the sata drive which is detected by the system. A solid J appears next to the drive. After that, another blinking J shows up that can not be used.

So then I tried using a floppy drive with the RAID drivers made by the Asus Make disk program. I pressed F6 to install. I chose Windows XP since that is the OS I'm installing. It comes up with an error message that says that the driver has caused an error on the D: -which makes no sense on a ROM.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on or is this an ULI flaw?
The board says "up to 2 drives" on JBOD. I HAVE DONE THIS ON ANOTHER COMPUTER and it worked. It was the 915p chipset.

THANKS for anyhelp

Now I've heard that the Bios must be updated. So I went to flash it and it won't work.

I says please remove disks from drives and press any key to restart.

Whats going on?

So then I connected an old drive through the IDE and tried to get the Bios to install through the Asus FlashBios program. The Windows ME would not recognize the DVD RW. So I tried installing the drive through add new hardware and it crashed windows and now it won't work.

So now I'm just about totally screwed.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom