3DMark03 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
doomuk, i take it you got a voltmodded water cooled 7800gtx to get that 05 score since its very hard to get a 7800 to do 10k without mods and excellent cooling. Sorry, bit off topic but that score caught my eye when i just finished lookin at a 10k on a 7800gtx that was volt modded and water cooled by a guy with an fx 55

SLI dude, says so in my sig ;). Not the greatest 3DMark05 score going for my setup, the Gigabyte 7800 GTX's don't seem like OC'ing one bit in SLI configuration, yet they overclock beautifully on their own :confused:. However, there is BETA BIOS available, maybe that'd would resolve the issue.

DoomUK said:
SLI dude, says so in my sig ;). Not the greatest 3DMark05 score going for my setup, the Gigabyte 7800 GTX's don't seem like OC'ing one bit in SLI configuration, yet they overclock beautifully on their own :confused:. However, there is BETA BIOS available, maybe that'd would resolve the issue.
ah crap sry i didn't see the sli, its hidden on the other line on my screen lol

3DMark03 v. 3DMark05... Which is newer? Which is better? Am I stating the obvious that '03 was created in 2003 and '05 was created in 2005?

lol yeah i think but i know 05 is newer and i believe 05 came out in 05? im just guessing cause i just started to use 3dmark.

but it makes sense lol. mr. obvious :)

05 is newer then 03 lol, but you don't wanna run that on crappy hardware, or you probably won't make it through the first game test. 05 is mostly GPU tested. 03 relies a bit more on the cpu then 05 does but still heavily on the graphics card.

Its not that hard to understand that 03 and 05 were created in '03 and '05 but there could possibly be some confusion I guess since it doesn't really say 3DMark'03 and 3DMark'05.

everyone knows higher number = better/newer

it's the law of the universe except for gasoline prices :p

(dont take it to literally either)

all you gotta do is look at the graphics from one test over the other and that gives you your answer right there as well

Flanker said:
Its not that hard to understand that 03 and 05 were created in '03 and '05 but there could possibly be some confusion I guess since it doesn't really say 3DMark'03 and 3DMark'05.

Thanks for insightful thoughts dik, but the confusion lies in Futuremark's very own websight as they say "3DMark®03 is the latest version of the highly favoured 3DMark series."

http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom